Semantic ETL for a Regional Bank, USA
Client is a leading integrated retail-commercial bank in USA with more than $3.0 billion in assets. It is part of a Global Tier One Bank that manages more than $200 billion in assets.
Client uses Fiserv as its Core Banking Platform, with several other systems for its banking needs.
Complex Integration needs, 500+ Source Database tables, 25,000+ Columns, yet implemented with less than 2,500 lines of MOND code.
- The Client has a large number of systems, a combination of legacy and modern systems, in its systems architecture, each system supporting different Banking functions.
- The client has been using Fiserv's reporting tool for meeting the operational reporting needs. Several reports were developed using this reporting tool by accessing data from various source systems.
- The operational reporting is a major challenge because of similar data being available in multiple systems, difficulty in getting data from different systems, difference in data formats maintained by each of these systems and so on.
- The system is considered to be outdated and complex to maintain. The lack of accessibility to the enterprise wide data at a central place is considered to be a huge hindrance for any reporting and analytics system.
The MOND Solution
- An Enterprise Data Warehouse solution was implemented using the comprehensive ETL capabilities of the MOND integration platform.
- The solution ingests data into the Data Warehouse from multiple source systems with different underlying databases like Foxpro, DB2, SQL Server and also from flat files with different data formats like CSV and XLS.
- A graphical job builder enables the different batch jobs to be configured to run in parallel or in a sequence based on the business requirements.A difference engine lists the changes between previous versions of the schema and the current version.
- A reporting solution implemented on top of the Data Warehouse provides operational and analytics reports to the Business.
- The solutions consolidates data across 30 different source systems into an Enterprise Data Warehouse with approximately 500+ database tables and 25,000+ columns in all.
- A comprehensive email report for the administrators includes details of the jobs run, including number of source rows, target rows, exceptions, reasons for exceptions etc.
Benefits of the MOND Solution
- The enterprise wide data is now accessible in a central repository and the client's IT teams can develop any reports according to their needs.
- The entire solution of such a massive scale and size has been implemented within a period of 6 months, which normally would take 2 years using any other ETL tools.
- Ability to discover changes to existing Fiserv database tables and other systems, has made rolling out new versions of the core banking platform easier.
- With the implementation of the MOND ETL platform, the client's IT team now has the ability to ingest data from any new source systems into the Data Warehouse at short timeframe.
- Administering the complex data warehouse processes has been simplified due to the comprehensive business logs produced after a daily, weekly, monthly, annual run.
- Several management dashboards have been built based on the data ingested from the several systems that have streamlined branch operations, reduced expenses and improved productivity.